TCl Android and Google Tv ( n. 2)

Support requests about VPN Client Pro
mariosbbs

TCl Android and Google Tv ( n. 2)

Post by mariosbbs »

cant get it to work with (TCL) AndroidTV & GoogleTV :

It does not start automatically, it only connects immediately when you open VPN CLIENT PRO. But it would be nice if the problem was solved in this way, the fact is that the app disconnects itself without apparent reasons (or better, I think it is forced to disconnect by the OS).. The most serious problem is that it can happen thirty seconds after the start, as well as it can go on for hours. Other times it gets disconnected (I suppose from the operating system) but the app has not been killed so it connects again immediately.. but not always, many other times I open the app and it seems to be unable to do anything independently (the application seems completely asleep, I have to connect manually to some profile and at that point it is reborn.. To be clear: I have the "connect on stratup" and "connect on demand" (also with the option "connect when the eth is on") enabled. When the app fall asleep, for example if I have the profile "NORD1" active in both (connect on startup...connect on demand) and the application becomes completely unable to react, I must open the app and manually connect to any profile, for example "SURFSHARK1", but since the application is now awakened works again and immediately disconnects from "SURFSHARK1" and connects again to "NORD1". Perfect, but sooner or later it disconnects again. I tried to disable everywhere the permission to have the apps checked for "energy saving controlled", but nothing to do.
Obviously if I use some app that directly manages files . ovpn, no disconnection occurs as long as such app is running and in the foreground

I noticed that unlike other apps, the new version of FASTESTVPN’s proprietary app very often does not allow the TCL Android/Google TV system to "turn it off".

p.s.
I have a new two-year plan with NORDVPN , a lifetime offer FASTESTVPN, NAMECHEAP VPN that expires in two months and I just expired a three-year surfshark plan .. and I must say that surfshark was excellent and very reliable, namecheap worked fine but not as surfshark, while with nordvpn you have to change the .ovpn files very often because what now goes, in a few hours refuses the connection... fastestvp is a case apart, it connects but often does not work properly and what yesterday seemed to go very well, Today it is connected but no data passes
admin
Site Admin

Re: TCl Android and Google Tv ( n. 2)

Post by admin »

you can try to enable the "Acquire WakeLock" option which you can find in "Global options" -> "App settings"