Obfuscated protocol

Support requests about VPN Client Pro
spartanos

Obfuscated protocol

Post by spartanos »

Hello. I have been a VPN Client Pro user for months. Basically I use it to watch RaiPlay from Spain. So far it has worked well for me, but for a few days the RaiPlay application has not allowed me to access it (it says that only streaming works within Italy). Since VPN Client Pro works fine and my IP is Italian I suspect that the RAI application is detecting VPN connections and would need to obfuscate the protocol.
I don't know if VPN Client PRo has that feature and how to activate it. I have purchased a custom subscription that includes OPenVPN obfs2/obfs3 scramble patch. I suppose it will work for that, but I don't really know how to activate it. Is there any software option to be able to access with the obfuscated protocol? Thank you in advance and congrats for the software.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Obfuscated protocol

Post by admin »

Hello,

in these cases connection obfuscation does not help. Obfuscation is used when the VPN connection cannot be established due to a firewall between the client and the server.
In this case it is very likely that the app uses the Android API to check if there is an active VPN and in this case it does not allow the streaming of content.
Unfortunately it is not possible to prevent this type of control.
spartanos

Re: Obfuscated protocol

Post by spartanos »

Thanks for the answer.